The cooperative winery of Marseillan (34) also called Caves Richemer, bringing together the cellars of Marseillan and Agde, is historically located in the city center. It generates by its activity nuisances to local residents and has therefore decided to build for the 2020 harvest a new cellar on the outskirts of the agglomeration.
At the end of an in-depth comparative study, the members of the cooperative have chosen for its future production site, the ECOCHAI of INGEVIN, an ultra-modern circular cellar allowing the double economic and environmental performance:
- Lower construction costs compared to a conventional winery
- Reduced distances between each workshop
- 1/3 decrease in labour costs
- Reduction in costs related to accidents at work
- Decrease in the use of natural resources (water, energy)
- Reduction of theenvironmental footprint:photovoltaic roofing, rainwater recovery, ecological treatment of effluents
The Ecochai 4E of the Caves Richemer will include:
- A complete winemaking unit with a winery of 110,000 hl
- A vault of 340 m2
- A storage space of 750 m2
- A barrel cellar of 80 m2
- Offices of 600 m2 including a meeting room, a tasting room and social premises
This new winery will allow the Richemer Cellars the development of direct sales to the cellar by integrating an oeno-tourist activity and the visit of the production site organized by the tour operators.
To make this ambitious project financially feasible, the leaders had to, beforehand, develop in the best financial conditions the current site adjacent to the pond of Thau and the port of the city of Marseillan. They also had to find and acquire a building plot to accommodate the new cellar. To do this, they called on theland engineering department of the company INGEVIN.